Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Piano Recital on March 18

I hope to see many of my friends in the area for a very special Lenten concert at Edenton Street United Methodist Church on Sunday March 18, at 3 p.m. in the Sanctuary.

A Musical Journey with Christ through the Psalms is the theme for this program and will feature works by J.S. Bach, Liszt, Elgar, my own hymn partitas and arrangements, and hymn settings by several other living composers.

I've included Joseph Martin's beautiful, jazz-inspired setting of Wayfaring Stranger for my friends who especially enjoy that style. It's a piece that speaks to me deeply in the weeks following the death of my mother. My own arrangements on this program include Beautiful Savior and Variations on the Doxology.

Wondering how a piano recital, the psalms, and a journey with Christ all fit together? This is part of what I do, that is, to share music not just as a concert event, but with a little more to give you both inspiration in the music played and the thoughts that are gathered under the umbrella of each selection. I always pray that people will leave one of my recitals or concerts knowing more about themselves, the world, the Lord, and of course the music.

Violinist James Nance is also playing two pieces on the program, from J.S. Bach, and Edward Elgar.

Information on the church website is here






Friends in the Triangle will remember my studio on Village Loop Drive in Apex and the many lessons and "house concerts" there.

No comments:

Post a Comment