Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Winter's Poem

Snowed in at home, winter of  2010
We must have had a nice snow on February 1, 2007 here in the Raleigh NC area. I wrote this poem then about a day at home when we couldn't get out to work. Posting it here for my family and friends who are enjoying being snowed in further north this week ...

Snow Day

The coffe pot brew tastes mighty fine
While snowflakes dance and scatter time
As clockless hours give carefree space
To treasure hearth and home's sweet grace.

The unexpected joy of being secluded and still
Gives sagging hearts a winter thrill
While relishing, pondering family things
These tiny moments spin out love that sings.

Kind Hand that fills the skies with weather
You've given me a gentle pleasure;
I thank You for this artic favor,
That gives me pause to wonder, savor. 

Snowy field at my family home in Indiana

~ ~ ~ 
MUSIC LINK

Winter - from FOUR SEASONS by Antionio Vivaldi

Stopping by a Woods on a Snowy Evening - from FROSTIANA by Randall Thompson. A setting of Robert Frost's poem.

Waltz of the Snowflakes - from Tchaikovsky's ballet NUTCRACKER, Bolshoi ballet. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment