Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Height and Depth

Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.
 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;                           if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
Psalm 139:8                                

Improbable ifs?
Saint Paul described well* this truth—
God is everywhere.

How far is heaven?
On my own, out of reach, yet,
The cross stretches there.

What if the grave calls me?
Surely all heed this call, yet,
Christ breathes, life blooms!
 
*Romans 8:38-39
 

 
Quote to Ponder . . .
Is truth then a nothing, simply because it is not spread out through space either finite or infinite? Then from afar you cried to me, "By no means, for I am who I am.”
― Augustine of Hippo
The Confessions of St. Augustine
MUSIC LINKS

Requiem for the Living - Dan Forrest, sung by Bel Canto - III. Agnus Dei
Agnus Dei qui tollis peccata mundi
miserere nobis.
Dona eis requiem.
Dona nobis pacem.

Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world
Have mercy on us.
Grant them rest.
Grant us peace.
Lux Aeterna - Morton Lauridsen, sung by the Los Angeles Master Chorale with Sinfonia Orchestra.

Artwork:  Hubble image "Ghostlike Nebula" NASA. Public domain.  
 

Link to next in series.
Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment