Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Where in the World?

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.
Where can I go from your Spirit?                                Where can I flee from your presence?
Psalm 139:7                                


Where can I hide, Lord?
In the belly of a fish?
In a pen with pigs?

Why flee from my God?
Is his love too restrictive?
Tired of being good? 

And should I worry
I might get lost from his gaze 
And lose my way home?


 Quote to Ponder . . .
O Lord our God, under the shadow of Your wings let us hope in Your custody. Carry us when we are little. Bear us when our hair is white and we cry out in infirmity. When You grasp us, the grip is firm. When we try to sustain ourselves, the grasp is feeble. The only good we can know rests in You.
When we turn from the good, You push us aside until we return. Oh, Lord, turn us, lest we be overturned. Be the good in us that is not corrupted. You are our incorruptible good.
In You we do not fear that there will be no home to return to if we wander off. While we are away, You preserve our mansion with a patience that stretches into eternity.”
― Augustine of Hippo
The Confessions of St. Augustine: Modern English Version

MUSIC LINKS
The Lone Wild Bird – Bella Voce, Oregon State University
The lone, wild bird in lofty flight,
Is still with Thee, nor leaves Thy sight.
And I am Thine! I rest in Thee.
Great Spirit, come, and rest in me.
The ends of earth are in Thy hand,
The sea's dark deep and no man's land.
And I am Thin! I rest in Thee.
Great Spirit come and rest in me.
                                                                  Henry Richard McFadyen, 1925

The Road Home – by Stephen Paulus, sung by Conspirare  

ArtworkThe Prodigal Son, Rembrandt c. 1669

Link to next in series.
Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment