Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

He Knows

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
Ps. 139:1

He Knows

Terror and hope lie
Side by side in weighty words
Such closeness to God.

God digs up my heart
Examines me to know me
Takes time for just me.


Why does God care to
Be so personal, so close?
Love directs the search.


Quote to Ponder . . .
Too late came I to love you, O Beauty both so ancient and so new! Too late came I to love you - and behold you were with me all the time. ― Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

MUSIC LINKS: 

O Lord Thou Hast Searched Me – Philip Stopford’s setting, sung by Melisma

Search Me O God – simple chorus with guitar accompaniment 

Lord,You Have Searched Me – Allen Pote’s setting, sung by Grand Ledge Hayes Middle School, 8th Grade Fermatas Choir


Photo of Bleeding Hearts by Donna Alford Wilkins © 2015. Used by permission. 

Link to next post

 



No comments:

Post a Comment