Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Knowing Watcher

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.
You know when I sit and when I rise;                       you perceive my thoughts from afar.
Psalm 139:2                                


Knowing Watcher

I sit and I rise
God follows all my movements
Interested in me. 

No matter what time
Not too busy to notice
Such attention Lord!

 
Sees inside my mind
Knows and understands my thoughts
Bold intimacy!


Quote to Ponder . . .
You called and shouted and burst my deafness. You flashed, shone, and scattered my blindness. You breathed odors, and I drew in breath and panted for You. I tasted, and I hunger and thirst. You touched me, and I burned for Your peace. ― Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

MUSIC LINKS 

Give Me Jesus - sung by Jessye Norman
Give Me Jesus - sung by Fernando Ortega 

Artwork:  Angelic Choir circling the abode of God, illustration from Dante's Paradiso by GUSTAVE DORE, 1860’s

Link to next post
Link to beginning of series     

No comments:

Post a Comment