Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Best Friend

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.
You discern my going out and my lying down;               you are familiar with all my ways.
Psalm 139:3                                


Best Friend

Round about my day
Perceptive eyes of God sees 
Everything I do.



Interpret my days,
Discern, compass, familiarize; 
Does this frighten me?

Every longing heart
Craves to know such active love,           
Care that runs so deep.


Grandpa! Wake up!

Quote to Ponder . . .
O God, who is ever at work and ever at rest. May I be ever at work and ever at rest. ― Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

MUSIC LINKS 

Pilgrim's Hymn - by Stephen Paulus, sung by University of Utah Singers
Wayfaring Stranger - sung by Libera at National Cathedral, Washington D.C.

ArtworkPhoto of my father and my son in the 1980's at Spring Hill Farm in northern Indiana.

Link to next post
Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment