Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Dawn Treader

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.


If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:9&10                              


Phoenix flies at dawn 
Can one rise with daybreak sun, 
Fly on morning wings?

Traveler with the dawn 
Settling on far flung coastline 
Here too, God’s hand guides.

Provides grace to land 
Securely in far flung place
Steady, guiding hand.

 
Quote to Ponder . . .

Where shall I go, beyond the bounds of heaven and earth, that God may come to me, since He has said: “Heaven and earth do I fill.”
― Augustine of Hippo
The Confessions of St. Augustine

MUSIC LINKS

If I Flee On Morning Wings – Fernando Ortega


Artwork:  Photograph of North Carolina coastline by Katharine Micks. Used by permission.

Link to next in series
Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment