Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

BOLD REQUESTS for the UPCOMING REUNION


A new friend here in Charlotte lost her mother this week. This month is also the anniversary of the death of a beloved pastor and several other dear friends. I share this poem here for all my family and friends who are thinking of loved ones who have gone on to that land of rest ... may we all be ready to meet them.
 

Family Reunion 

“I go to prepare a place for you.”
Jesus, do you know how big my family is?

Are you making these rooms big enough
For a very large table
Around which many shining eyes
Enjoy new recipes of
Angel food cake and heavenly manna
In a setting filled with treasures that delight
And comforts exceeding?
Have you thought out a well-equipped kitchen
Where joyful hands bask in creative culinary endeavors?
Is there a lockless entrance where 
    guests can receive warm embrace
And come and go with frequency?
And room for unfurled angel wings
As they delight the young at heart
With stories of the adventures of the Shining One
And how He sent them on missions for this one and that one
As they listen with awe-filled “ah-ha’s!” and overflowing love?
Did you remember room for dancing and music?
For water flowing and placid,
And vast varieties of trees and flowers?
For liveliness and holy laughter
And exceeding abundant joy?
Will you surprise me with wonders
My eyes and ears have never yet imagined?
Will You be my guest too, even as I am yours
In that land of rest where tearless days
Are forever holy and happy and truly good?

I ask not because I doubt
But because on this side of travel
My fears need to be
Shouted out with the eyes of faith
As I stare down the Darkness
And unflinchingly embrace
The Word of a Gentleman
Of the highest and strictest honor.

Nancy Gerst October 13, 2008 


MUSIC LINKS



 


Family Reunion Photos from My Heritage Collection


My request for a large table is not far-fetched as these 
photos bear testimony to...
 

My Dad, Aunt, My Two Children, and Three Nephews

Great Aunt and Uncle

 

Cousins! and a Beloved Aunt

More Cousins!

More Aunts

A "reunion" at a family funeral luncheon

  
My Grandmothers and My Mother

My Grandfather and His Siblings

My Grandmother and Her Siblings

My Dad with His Parents and Siblings

My Aunt and Uncle

Grandma and an early photo of my parents 




No comments:

Post a Comment