Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Song of the Angel

How do we travel through days when the sun shines around us, but within us, there is deep grief? I'm thinking of Ella's parents and her brother this morning and praying, mostly without words, for them.

When my Mom died last month, in the immediate vicinity of that day, it seemed strange to see life going on around me, people going to school and work, laughing, oblivious to what my family was experiencing. This is a great mystery of life, that grief, joy, and ordinariness, are juxtaposed in our own day to day experience. In all of this, our Lord is present. I am comforted with these words and this song:

"Precious in the sight of the LORD
     is the death of His saints."
                                      Ps. 116:15 KJV

Song of the Angel by John Tavener

If you didn't see my poem that describes the angel waiting alongside to transport the loved one to heaven, you can read that here:  My Mother's Flight to Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment