Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Poem from the Middle of the Night


Too Much Adrenaline
On the Greenway behind my house

I lie awake at middle-night
With soul afire and body wide-eyed
Wondering about the
Joys and trials of days to come.
Good Lord, these wild thoughts
In darkened room
Are shapeless, yet mushrooming
Into plans and dreams
Without action’s release.
These breath-holding days
Cause me to stretch my faith
And look not to horizon dim
But to my Father’s face.

Let’s go for a walk Lord,
And burn off some of this
Bottled up energy,
Putting it into steps of prayer
And well-worn path through Your Word
As my mind is bent toward
What You have to say
And how You want me to step,
In pace with your will and in
Cadenced measures to Your grace.

© 2007, Nancy M. Gerst

The American Tobacca Trail is a 22 + mile rails-to-trails project. It's a beautiful place to walk or ride a bike, and it gets a LOT of traffic!
Triangle Trials 

Here is Placido Domingo singing "I'll Walk with God":
I'll Walk with God

No comments:

Post a Comment