Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Heads Up at Checkout 15

Standing in line at the checkout today, musing about the quiet joy I was experiencing in the people around me, I had such a very pleasant thought, a sensation really. I just could hardly wait for the joy and beauty of heaven. There will be such incredible community and loveliness of people and place and God all around. This small survey of dear souls at checkout 15 was just a miniscule taste. 

It seems since my mother died earlier this year, I'm seeing the world with newborn eyes. I miss her. Perhaps this little poem of Horatio Bonar's jump-started that longing this morning . . . 

THE NEW SONG 

Glad song of this disburdened earth, 
Which holy voices then shall sing; 

Praise for creation's second birth, 
And glory to creation's King! 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


MUSIC LINKS


Here are several settings of the beloved American hymn

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Setting by Mack Wilberg with BYU Chorus and Orchestra

Baylor A capella Choir (Wilberg's arrangement with organ)

Simply sung by Fernando Ortego 


. . . And a love song just for the joy of it:

The Turtle Dove




No comments:

Post a Comment