Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Night Walk



Silent, slow, the thoughts at evening go

Unannounced through the remains of the day

Searching for untucked pieces lying low

In hope of blanketing softly, putting away

All wildness and leftover fears

As night falls and dreams draw near.




Lord, go with me and let your beauty

Snuff out all drab or barren ideals

Birthing loveliness on duty

Done in midst of things that steal

Bits of joy when heart and mind bend

With clouded view of my life’s end.



Bathe these reflections in true prayer,

The kind that softens me to receive Love

From the one Friend who quietly shares

Wordless bonding and takes hold of

Who I am, enlarging smallness into light

Glowing softly, peaceful against the night.


And let the beauty of the
Lord our God be upon us.     
                       Psalm 90:17



from my archives . . . © 2012 Nancy Gerst












Photo credits:  Two farm with silo photos from my collection at my parent's home. Mountains photos courtesy of my brother, Jerry Begly. Taken in Marble Colorado.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

MUSIC LINKS






 

No comments:

Post a Comment