Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Search and Rescue

The last blog post in commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.
                                                               Psalm 139:23-24

 


Search and Rescue

Wickedness in me?
A speck or a ream well-hid?
Find and cure it Lord.


My heart is anxious—
Seat me in a place of prayer
Dialogue truest.

Then onward, upward
Lead me to eternal life
On paths of deep joy.




  
Quote to Ponder . . .
My soul is like a house, small for you to enter, but I pray you to enlarge it. It is in ruins, but I ask you to remake it. It contains much that you will not be pleased to see: this I know and do not hide. But who is to rid it of these things? There is no one but you.
        Augustine of Hippo, Confessions (written between AD 397-400)


Photos from my neighborhood in 2013

MUSIC LINKS

Musüda, ärka üles / Awake, My Heart - Estonian Girls' Choir

Jesus Lay Your Head in the Window - song at 4:12. This is so beautifully sung by Marlissa Hudson.

The Road Home - Stephen Paulus

Lead Kindly Light - Dan Forrest

Lead, Kindly Light, amidst th'encircling gloom, 
Lead Thou me on! 
The night is dark, and I am far from home, 
Lead Thou me on! 

Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see 
The distant scene; one step enough for me. 
So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still 
Will lead me on. 

O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, 
Till the night is gone, 
And with the morn those angel faces smile, 
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile! 

Meantime, along the narrow rugged path, 
Thyself hast trod, Lead, Saviour,
Lead me home in childlike faith, 
Home to my God. 
To rest forever after earthly strife 
In the calm light of everlasting life." 


Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment