Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Y2K and B3K

Remember the hype before the turn of this century - Y2K?  Many were predicting a lot of bad things would happen. I wasn't sure they were correct, but I did buy a couple bags of rice and some extra dried beans in case the world markets collapsed overnight. 

I suppose the thing I was most concerned about was the warnings from the computer geeks who were saying that all the computers would blow up (or something like that) when they reach the end of 1999 and weren't programmed for what's next. How many of us depend on computers these days as assistants in our work!

Maybe that was all just a lot of hoop-a-la intended as marketing schemes by those who make computers and harvest beans. 

I'm looking forward to my own B3K sometime in the next few hours as this blog reaches 3,000 views. Thanks to all my good friends, old and new, who have taken a peek at what I'm thinking and offering on this site. It's been a means of so much joy for me, and I hope for you too.

The Organ & Chancel at ESUMC



In celebration, I've upload "The Hallelujah Chorus" to the new organ playlist on my YouTube Channel. This recording is of the postlude I played on  Christmas morning 2011 when I was serving as Interim Director of Music at Edenton Street United Methodist Church. Enjoy!  God is good!






  on the 98-rank 
  Létourneau Opus 112
  Christmas Day 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment