Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Conception Vigil

A commentary series on Psalm 139 in haiku poetic form.


My frame was not hidden from you
   When I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in
     The depths of the earth,
  Your eyes saw my unformed body.
Psalm 139:15-16a                              


Your caring eyes saw
My beginning in the dark—
Formed for your glory.

Unmystery me Lord
So I can know my true self
My planned destiny.

May your knowledge be
A light to guide my pathway
Toward my true lodestar.






Quote to Ponder . . .

We are inflamed, by your gift we are kindled; and are carried upwards; we glow inwardly, and go forwards. We ascend your ways that are in our heart, and sing a song of degrees; we glow inwardly with your fire, with your good fire, and we go; because we go upwards to the peace of Jerusalem: for I was gladdened by those who said unto me, We will go up to the house of the Lord. There has your good pleasure placed us, that we may desire nothing else, but to abide there for ever.
― Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

MUSIC LINKS

Jupiter Theme / O God Beyond All Praising – filmed among the aspen trees in fall
 
O God in Whom All Life Begins - score and hymn information.
Artwork:  Bluebonnets, Julian Onderdonk, 1919   

Next in series
Link to beginning of series. 
Link to previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment